Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our 7th....What Times!

Today is our 7th Anniversary and I am very grateful for the most wonderful woman in the world to be my wife, companion, conspirator, better half and bestie!  Are guys allowed to say that word?  Well that's what she is anyway.  Ive never been one to speak well but I do better at writing.
About 8 years ago in a little BYU-Idaho dorm room I fell in love with a girl behind a mask, in full nursing gear putting a catheter on a suitcase with towels for arms and legs.  This girl looked up at me and had me at the words she said "Make sure I keep everything sterile".  Sorry Jerry McGuire it wasn't hello.  I was captivated by this girl behind the mask trying to put a tube up a pretend part!  Quite funny and odd but that's the way it was.
I must confess that everything has been everything between odd and awesome!  We have had challenges, changes, trips and trials.  Wanted and unwanted all have been an adventure of some kind.  There are choice times and not so great time but I can say that I have grown a lot and grown closer to you my sweetie!


I know it ain't easy to live with me.  Ive just got odd, complicated, controlling and impatient written into my genes but you have been awesome at working with me, helping me, being patient and calling me out on my nonsense!  One thing I loved about you from the beginning was how strong you are through difficult things.  School is difficult for many people and you sailed through.  Things were hard through family trials and despite hard times overall you have been strong.  Through the reversed roles of the last several years with jobs and home duties you have been strong.  You have held through and I know you will continue to the end!


 Things may not be the way we want now or the way we thought they were going to be.  We have had a roller coaster ride for the 5 of the 7 years crossed 5 states 3 school and now 3 kids.  It is crazy to think of it all.  You know I hate roller coasters but you are the only one I would even consider getting on that ride with...and no I wont go on a real roller coaster with you :)


Thank you for all you have done, and will do.  Thank you for wonderful years. Im looking forward to more years with you.  We are in an exciting time.  I think of it as the tip of the breakout.  It will continue to be an adventure though to be honest Im hoping the roller coaster will turn out to be more like Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  Heck I would even take Indiana Jones ride bouncy times but overall nothing really scary and fast!

Looks like this last picture didnt scan good but its all I got. Well time to finish and break out the bubbly! Martelle's is the best!  Cheers!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Oh this post made me SO happy!!! You guys are freakishly adorable together! love all the memories you shared! Here's to the BEST year yet! :) Happy Anniversary!

Rachel Holloway said...

SO SWEET!! You guys are a great couple and I am so happy for you! :)

Jackie said...

Blake, you made me weep, well OK cry. That was beautiful. I loved what you wrote and I loved seeing your pictures again. What a happy guy you were that day. My extended famly commented how you couldn't take your eyes off your lovely bride. I am so glad you picked Kira and I so glad she said yes. You make such a great team and you have been through a lot of growth like you said. I'm so proud of both of you. I love you so much. I think what you wrote is fantastic. You are quite a good writer. I love your little children and I'm excited for #3. YOu are doing everything in the right way and order. I'm just amazed. I really miss you all.

carolee said...

So sweet! I laughed at the catheter part. what memories! Happy Annivesary you two!