Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wild Things Gather

If you are looking for the place "where the wild things are" you can find it at your local school. Once they get a certain age we send them off for the first time.  There is a lot of questions, perhaps worry and maybe a little excitement, trust, disappointment in your parenting and desire for things to have gone differently.  It is also a time for joy, happiness, crying, sadness and midlife old age realization!  Yes I have entered the realm of having a school age child and Im not so sure how I feel about it yet!
 But nevertheless the time is here and will be the standard for the next 20 or so years depending on her choice for degrees in the future.  J'alee had nothing but excitement for it.  She was wanting to go to school for a while now.  I woke her this morning and said "come on time to get up for school time to get up for school time to get up for school" and she popped up like a daisy walking into the kitchen to eat breakfast.  Now this sounds wonderful which it is but this girl wont even get up like that for church!  She barely eats and it takes me nearly 30 minutes to get her out of bed on a sunday morning and she is only 5 and a half.




But there she is my beautiful girl going to school!  I took her to school and snapped these photos.  She gave me the odd look on the first photo here and then I asked her if I was embarrassing her and she said yes the little stinker!  So i promptly walked up to her gave her a kiss, licked my thumb wiped the milk mustache off and got the morning "sleepies" out of her eyes.  I did leave her alone after that and I didnt take anymore photos but the whole time I was thinking "well too bad girl cus I got it when I was little".

It does make you realize why you were embarrassed as a little kid too. You want to be cool and claim your independence Ramona Quimby, but your dear old dad dad daddie-o loves you, will miss you and wants to remember this day forever!  So annoyance and embarrassment is standard so I can hold it special forever!  I embarrass you cus I want you to look your absolute best despite how pretty you are now. I also am wishing you could just be home for a few more years and wondering where all the time went at the same time.

Baby girl!  I love you and hope you learn to love school more than your dad!  I hope you learn to love learning and learn to thrive on challenging your self!  OH MY WORD I'VE TURNED INTO MY PARENTS!  Enough said!

5 comments:

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

She's wearing the bow I made! Oh my gosh! I'm sending SO many more! :) Cuter ones too

Rachel Holloway said...

She is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! So excited for her new year of school and for you to be the big bad embarrassing dad!! :)lol

Jackie said...

Oh, she looks to darling and happy. I love these photos of her first day of school. How was the second day?

Katy said...

She's completely and utterly adorable... and so grown up! You are one great dad, this post will be totally priceless for her one day!

Rach said...

She is so cute! I am glad she likes school