Saturday, August 8, 2009

Over and Under Done

As of late I am feeling like I am over doing home work and underdoing everything else! Guess it is somewhat true because I have done a lot of things with family this week and paid a lot more attention with the kids. It has helped me be more patient and they have listened better, but it proves to be harder with school. But as family is first, I will figure out a better homework schedule. Something that allows me to get to bed before 3am!

Good example of over and under done is this dinner. At Santa Cruz yesterday we picked up some fresh salmon caught that morning. Guess it actually came from Alaska not over seas. At any rate I didnt leave it in long enough so it wasnt done. We ate veggies and fruit first and then the salmon. After I took it out again the sides were a little too dry and the middle still wasnt done! I didnt think it was possible to over do and under do something but I did it! But It sure looks pretty good eh?!

Recipie:
Tinfoil in pan
place salmon in drench it with lemon juice enough to go halfway up the meat. Pepper the top and then cut fresh lemons and place them on top of the salmon! Cook 400 degrees for about 30 minutes (more or less time may be appropriate based off of size) this was just under 1lbs. and 30 minutes wasnt enough for the middle. Also keep in mind Im at a much lower elevation and things cook different where you might be.

5 comments:

Katy said...

FOUND YA!!!!

I love that you get to say, "At Santa Cruz yesterday we picked up some fresh...." fill in the blank... i'm deadly jealous! And SALMON... i LOVE SALMON!!! Sorry it wasn't the best you've made, but dang, it looks amazing!!! Thanks for the recipe, sounds great!

B-Blogit said...

You are most welcome! I do have some good recipies but most of them I just make off the fly.

My ultimate goal is to get to post recipies with those Pioneer Woman bloggers LOL!! Its an exclusive club :) HAHA! (no offense intended to anyone)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.