Monday, September 7, 2009

Me Makey Panda

So as we are on this even tighter budget thing and Im into my own domestication now I decided hey when not burn an arm with some hot oil and make my own sweet and sour chicken. Sure love it when I get it from panda express but then its orange chicken and I didnt have a recipie for that.

So here it is cooked and cut chicken up. I used the george foreman grill which I regret now but it cooks it fast. Then just use corn starch and cover the pieces like shake and bake. Put in 2 tablespoons of oil into pan and head up and then carefully drop the chicken in for a minute or so on each side, basically till they are light brown...not like the picture below. I wasnt fast enough sometimes.
Here is the sweet and sour sauce with 1/4 cup of water and a can of pineapples. Mmmm! Yes I cheated and bought a bottle of the sweet and sour sauce. Im still not totally domesticated yet so find your own recipie. :) Just kidding I didnt think I could make that first try so i bought one.
Add your chicken pieces in and simmer for 20 minutes and then let cool down just a bit till the sauce thickens and then serve it with fried or steamed rice...w/e is your preference.

4 comments:

Katy said...

YUM!!!!! That looks awesome!!! Gives me a good idea for tomorrow's dinner, thanks!!

Rach said...

You are turning into a gourmet chef!

Phil and Cami said...

seriously, my mouth is watering!

B-Blogit said...

I recommend getting a different sauce than the store bought one that was like Kikkmono or something. It was as sweet as I personally like.

Other than that it works well.