Monday, March 30, 2009

Judgement of Guilty!

Midterms are over and there is a list a mile long of things to do that I have been putting off. Sadly to say I have been so tired and stressed I havent done much of anything to get ahead at all either! Kids and I took K to work last night because she was having a hard time leaving us. So we dropped her off and among other things needed like medicine, got some flowers for her. We took her medicine to her and also the flowers and it helped her to be happier. We sure love you mommy!

On the way home I kept talking to my daughter and teasing her till she was frustrated. It is usually we something we do to laugh with each other. Then she said to me "stop it your driving me nuts, and being annoying". This was followed by stunned silence from me and then deep feelings of guilt and regret. In a moment I realized that at one point while studying something and not understanding it for school I said this to her when she was probably climbing on my leg and wanting attention. We all cherish the times we say things that are great for our kids but I got a big reminder of the bad things we say as parents. Im sure we all do it at times and my guilt has now been declared from the rooftops, well just the Internet. I looked back in the review mirror and formed an apology the best I could. I know the apology wasnt as impacting as what I said to her. She then started to apologize to me. I said thank you honey but I was wrong to say that to you in the first place and you dont have to be sorry. I told her why I had said that and said I needed to talk nicer and she said "yeah, we all have to talk nice".

5 comments:

Rach said...

It is all good. She will forget about it and only remember that you are a good dad!

GeNee said...

I think you are a good teacher. And I think children can teach us something too. I am always learning new things because of my children. When Tiffany phoned home from college, when she was about to say goodbye she would say,"I love you" that started a tradition that we all say to each other now.

Jackie said...

Hey, think of all the things I said to you, and look how wonderful you turned out anyway. You are doing a great job. Never fear - just keep trying. Saying I love you is great like GeNee said. I'm glad we have always had that tradition too.

Jackie said...

Besides being a great dad, you're such a sweet husband. The flowers look beautimous. How lovely and I hope Kira loved them.

JAW said...

remember mom's rain dance? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA