Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Practice with Motion

Here is my attempts with my point and shoot to have motion shots. They arent bad but these are the best ones. I was using manual setting which didnt provide the best effects for what I wanted but I at least know now that the manual setting isnt a good one for motion pictures with my camera.

I also know that manual settings with any time of day besides early morning or early evening is a bad setting which saddens me a bit, but oh well thank goodness for editing programs. The little girl in this first one though cute, was kinda mean to my daughter, but all had fun on the tire swing.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

My point-and-shoot has a non-manual mode that I can set for these types of photos. On my little wheel, I've got the manual setting, but also a "scene" setting. Under the "scene" setting, there are several scenarios I can use -- foliage, fireworks, portrait, underwater, aquarium, and I don't remember all the others. I usually leave it set on "Kids and pets" so that I get good results when I snap quick photos of my little girl. When it's in this setting, I can't adjust the ISO, aperture, or shutter speed, but when you see the photos, you can tell they're "in motion." Maybe your camera has a setting like "kids and pets"?

Good luck!