Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Photo Narrative catch up

A lot has been happening and this smiley little boy is taking most of the time up!
 We did make it out to Bellevue for Strawberry Festival.  Which I find funny since they dont really grow strawberries in the area much anymore but it was for a historical society benefit so we are glad to help contribute.
 I went to take the garbage out on Monday morning and I found this little guy out in the bark by the flower beds.  The kids missed it but I got some good shots and they enjoyed those.  My kids love little bugs and frogs.
 While my family was in town I got to see my little sister who I hadnt seen in 4 years just about.  She just got back from Afganistan and it was so good to see her.  We did of course go up the space needle.  You gotta do that if you come to Seattle.
 Also stopped on Pike Place market and saw all the good eats there and flowers.  These peppers were cool and I hadnt seen them before.  It was very low traffic on the morning of the 4th of July right at opening.  No crowds.
 Me and my sister just below Pike Place standing in front of "the gum walls".  It is quite disgusting this was the closest I could get.
 Someone was even gracious enough to spell my name in the wall!  It wasnt me because this is too disgusting to even get close enough to take this picture more than once!
 Are any of you that know Seattle surprised that they were selling a bag that contained mary jane?  I'm not but it is definately a shot you cant miss if given the opportunity.  Now there was no drugs in it, it was just a bag from Columbia (the country).
 We did take the Argosy Harbor Cruise.  It is always a good time.  We did get to see the DoD's floating radar equipment seen here.  There is a security boat on the water there preventing anyone from getting close.  This thing checks and tracks for missles over at least 1/3 of the whole earth.  That is a lot of radar power.
 Ok Grey's Anatomy fans.  I am going to burst your bubbles right now.  You see the tall black tower on in the picture?  That is the Columbia tower.  Next to that is a tiny white tower that has a triangle top that is Smith Tower on Pioneer Square.  Just ot the right of it you can see a tiny box (in this picture it looks tiny).  That is the building they took the shots of Seattle of in order to show on the show.  Yes no McDreamy or Steamy here sorry!
 After the cruise we decided to eat at Crab Pot in I think it is Pier 56 or 57.  If you are a fan of the show Man vs Food you will know this place.  This is the place where they throw down butcher paper give you a wooden mallet, a tiny fork and a huge bib and say have at it!  Can anyone imagine my mom doing that?...Well I have proof!
 Shrimp (heads, shells and legs on), mussles, clams, snow crab and dungeness crab along with pieces of corn on the cob and potatoes.  It was delicious!
 We also went to Bellevue to the park just off downtown for the Bellevue Philharmonic's last preformance during the fireworks show.  there were little activities for the kids and booths there too.  We got the baby all ready in his fireworks jammies for his very first fireworks show!
 We all got to huddle in a little park no bigger than a church building with about 65,ooo other people.
 You can see the towers of Bellevue in the background and the stage to the right of my head.  It was fun!  The fireworks would glisten off the glass on the buildings it was neat to see them that way.

 We got to have Grandma JS with us and Auntie K.  It was so fun for them to come too!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Blake, your baby is so squishably cute! I love it!!! And you know, you guys look GREAT as a famliy of 5! :)

So fun to have your family come and visit and see your long lost sister. jk! :)

Maccabee360 said...

Dude, those are some nice pictures, I really want to come out and visit, I have missed you!

Anonymous said...

These are such fun family photos. It looks like you guys have so many fun activities to do in Washington, I'm a little jealous. There's not much to do down here. Your baby is SO cute!

jackieadams said...

Blake - all I have to say is what a fun day!! I hope you had fun even though you've done the market and cruise several times. I love it there. Jonna loved it there and Rachel too. I wish the guyes would have been there throwing the fish. The peonies were amazing even though I missed the Hydrangea. I took some flower pictures and sent off for prints. Maybe I'll make you a card. Thanks so much for taking us there. It was a great day. Perfect weather, perfect views and I saw some different things on the cruise than last time. Luv ya!