Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jamis Baby Blessing

Our little baby Jamis had his blessing this past Sunday July 3rd.  We had family from both sides from ID, UT and WA come to see it.  We even entertained them in our 2 bedroom apartment of less than 1100 sq ft.  There was about 20 of us in there.  The kids decorated a flag with finger paints.  The baby even lent in with foot prints.
 Here he is with his given name and all blessed.  The blessing was relatively short.  I remember talking about listening to parents, family and priesthood leaders to gain and develop a testimony and to be healthy and strong and to love to serve other people.  I remember thinking that there wasnt much that I felt I needed to bless him with.  So I think he definately is a great child to come to this earth!

You cannot tell in this picture but the hair on the back of his head is longer than the front from all the rubbing and kisses he got from friends and family!  It is kind of funny to have a receeding hairline at 2 months old.
 Here is a candid shot of mommy and grandma at the lunch afterwards.  Grandma JS was so proud and happy to be there.  We love having here with us.
 One of the only family photos we have had in a long time as the Adams fam (minus our papa).  It was nice to have all my siblings there with me for the first time in a long time! Especially my lil sis who I havent seen for almost 4 years.
 The Q family got together (minus uncle C who was totally crashed out on the couch after some good eats).  It was great to have aunties, cousins grandmas and future brother in the mix.
 Now we come to glam shots of the ever elegant grandmas in little Jamis' life.  Grandma JS never gets tired of holding him...with the exception of diaper changing times.
 Grandma JA didnt get to be here for the birth so she was thrilled to be here and hold Jamis.  We sure are glad that she made the drive with aunties R and J.
 Both Grandmas together in one picture is a rarity since they arent together much.  So we took the change to snap a few of the lovely ladies!  Jamis does have some great grandmas.

3 comments:

MommyBrec said...

It looks like it was a wonderful day. :) How happy that so much family could be there! And Aunt J there, too?! YAY!! I am so happy :D The pictures are just beautiful, too. Jamis is one handsom little man! What a sweetheart.

jackieadams said...

Blake, these are such great pictures. I was so blessed to be there!!! You gave a beautiful blessing to your baby Jamis and I am glad I get to see myself holding him. I enjoyed holding him so much. I could do it all day. Babies are so heavenly (obviously). It is just so spiritual holding babies. It's a touch of purity. But it is also that way to see you and Kira and what you are doing. Your luncheon was so well done. The apartment was perfect way you set it up. The food was delicious and the table so cute. My favorite was the wall poster the kids made. That was really excellent and adorable. Thank you so much! I was very touched at the blessing. My heart was so full seeing you lead your family and have the power to bless. I was so happy beyond words to have all my kids together. Again, I will love on that for a long, long time. I am still pinching myself.

JAW said...

Um p.s. I was telling people there about how cool the flag was, but no one was listening. Just wanted to tell Kira I thought it was awesome. Your family is the cutest, and I'm so glad that I got to come! it was the greatest to see you! I'm glad you got some alone time too, I really like alone time, especially after living to publicly in Afghanistan. oh dude, I miss you already:) I love our family picture! I'ma steal it. thanks:)