Monday, April 11, 2011

Extreme Couponing...Meets Me?

Many of you have started shopping with coupons.  Many of you are aware of the new show on TLC called Extreme Couponing.  I was excited to see this show hoping that I could get a lot of good tips from it.  The show has turned out to be a bit different than I originally thought it would be like.  It definitely is a reality show, but it does have a few good times.  What it did do was make me break out the Sunday paper and start clipping.  I also got online and printed out a bunch of coupons as well.  I go more this time than I have done collectively the last month or so of clipping.  That's a lot of coupons.

I dont have a lot of space in a 2 bed, 1100sq ft place so I cant really go to the extreme storage capacity as those people on Extreme Couponing.  I do also refuse to get that crazy with it.  A storage would be nice if I had a home and places to put it.  I probably will do that once I get the space.  There was a fellow on there who went to the store and bought enough toothbrushes for him and his wife to use a new one every month and it would last him 40 years.  Good Gravy that is a lot of brushes.

So, if you have a newspaper and you dont want it or dont clip the coupons let me know and I will pick it up.  But let me give you an example.  Here in my area Fuze drinks are on sale for 50 cents at Albertsons.  In the ads in the Sunday paper you get 1.00 off any two drinks.  Therefore you can get the fuze drinks for free!  Yes FREE!

Another thing I would love yo suggest to you is pull out your Walgreens ad from the Sunday paper and clip the coupon for 8 pencils for a buck and go to Walgreens and buy them.  Then email me for my address and mail them to me.  Apparently with the disaster in Japan basic school supplies are very rare and very expensive.  I have heard that they are charging $10 for one pencil.  So take your coupon spend a dollar and get 8 pencils and send them to me.  I will be collecting them and giving them to a lady in my church to send out.  then you will have saved people and schools in Japan $80 bucks.  You can even get more than one coupon and do it twice!  that is $160 bucks for them.  You do need to do this before 4/16 since that is when the coupons expire.  There you go couponing can help you very cheaply donate as well! 

1 comment:

jackieadams said...

That is so cool about the pencils for Japan. I have some right here at home that I can donate. What is the deadline to send to Japan?