Saturday, July 11, 2009

In the Line of the Lens

I had some time to kill and the challenge for LINES. I immediately thought of rail lines as everywhere I go there is a commuter rail. As I was waiting in the lobby for something I decided to venture out and take pictures. I was in the middle of a business district so I had limited things to take pictures of. But found some great things. First one kind of lame but hey its lines.
Here are a few takes from the commuter rail. It literally was running every 5 minutes it seemed so I didnt want to get caught on the rail. Also it seemd there were a lot of policeman patroling so I didnt want a ticket either so I had to settle for some angle shots which I straightened in Picasa.


I found this marvelous and utterly fantastic tree with huge flaking bark and thought of lines. It was old, molding and had fantastic color. I got the bonus of the lines on this little suprise as well.

Here is the tree that I was mentioning. Not the greatest shot but I included it so you can tell what you are looking at.
You can see the top of the stump which looking like brown chunks of lava lumps with all the lines and cracks in it. You can see the fantastic color I was talking about!
Unfortunately the sun was shining through the trees in very bad ways all over the bottom of this truck so I couldnt get the best of pictures hence the near wash out some of them.




This was just for fun though being on this line isnt fun at all. It didnt happen to me, the car was just off so I thought I would take a shot of it. Through the panel glass there is a bit of a reflection and it makes it look a bit fuzzy or film with a glare so I made it black and white to get rid of the glare at least.

No comments: