Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Different Sides

I was sitting in church yesterday thinking teaching my children and the way I was taught and most other kids were taught. Things are currently different for my family, which is hard, but growing up I had my mom at home and taught me so much. My dad was fantastic at teaching as well but fact is my mom was home more.

For me, I am the one home and things are much different. Mothers just have a way. For me dad's are direct, stern and impatient. That is how I am and it is hard on the kids sometimes. They sure let me know when I am though.

Today we decided to go to Six Flags again since we got discount passes last time. Things were great. Baby J was so jealous he couldnt ride the rides at first. I did a mini rollercoaster. Yes me! J'alee loved it and I was scared for the first half of it. We walked through and saw the animals and did a lot of the kid rides. I took pictures mostly.

We stopped to see the dolphin/killer whale show. They didnt have them in the tank at the same time otherwise it would have ended bad. But after we got out someone had taken our stroller. It had clothes, towels and K's wallet. It was very frustrating and the park staff did nothing and said they arent liable for anything. They require you to leave your stroller in unattended areas with no staff or security and then claim no responsibility. We did find our bag with K's wallet but we had already cancelled all the cards in it. We didnt find her nursing license and certification cards though so we have to call and get her new ones, which probably means increase cost and a drive to Sacramento, two hours away!

So, different sides of humanity. Greatness of mothers and the lowness of stealing a stroller of all things. Something that is for children and babies.

No comments: