Saturday, December 15, 2007

Best Friends

Well my daughter got up in the morning and asked to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Johnny Depp) as she does every morning and as I was putting it in she said "Daddy you're my best friend". Now those are the kind of moments that you just love being a parent.
I never thought that my kid would ever say that. When she really gets tired and upset she tells me she hates me and doesnt love me. I figured that would be the case, but not best friends. Im just walking around feeling like the luckiest dad around.

Anywhere we go she is saying Thank You and Your Welcome. The other day in nursery a girl was crying cus her mom left. She went up to the girl and hugged her and said it was okay and took her by the hand and let her over to where she was playing and played with the girl. The nursery leaders say she is always helpful and nice like that!

Now I know this didnt come from me, probably some from my wife and some from the great nursery leaders but I was just thinking today how luck I am to have such a great kid for a daughter! The Lord really does save the best for the last days because I can tell already she is much better than I!

No comments: