Saturday, January 15, 2011

Whats that Ring

As perhaps every primary child did, my daughter came home from church a few weeks ago with a new CTR ring.  Dont you just love those rings.  Well one night it there was drama because it was lost.  We did laundry and upon emptying the washer there was the ring at the bottom.  So I gave it back to her and she wears it to school the next morning.

Well that afternoon she came home and said a girl in her class loved her ring and asked to wear it three times and gave it back three times and wanted to know what it was about.  Teaching opportunity for a 6 year old about the gospel.  This girl was from India and with the conversations my daughter and I have had about what others believe she then tried to tell the girl what CTR stood for and then she wanted to know what that meant, of course not knowing the standard church lingo.  So she said it means to follow Jesus.  She said who is Jesus.  So my daughter told us she tried to explain it.  So cool that she is already telling people about it and in a nice little way.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so cute. I like those rings for kids. I think by the time you're an adult, you've kinda moved past them (some people like to still wear them but it's never the same as when you are a kid), but as a kid I remember how exciting it was to have one and to wear it proudly! That's cool that she could tell her friend about it at school.

Katy said...

Oh what an amazing little girl you have! This warmed my heart right up!

Jackie said...

Great job Jenalee. Tell her for me. That is really awesome.