Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Bee Sting

I have a 7 year old, a 4 year old and a 14 month baby. We made it through this whole time without getting any bee stings! Until today.

Apparently a bee landed on the slip n slide and upon investigation of it the sting happened. Baby J was on the unfortunate end.

We put mud on it too cool it off after I got the stinger off. Then we went inside to cool off and calm down. We talked about daddy's experience gettin stung when he was little. I also said that bees die after they loose their stinger. Baby J heard it differently and promptly asked "am I gonna die". Of course I rested his rest quickly and explained the bees die. This didn't help because an emotional child Cry's out "the bees gonna die?!"

More explanation was given and we finally settled down. Things were food within an hour.

No comments: