Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Own Room

My two oldest are full swing into sibling rivalry.  They have escalated into trying to get each others goats.  So we have started a new approach which seems to be working, trying to quell the fighting.  Ultimately, we know they love each other, but sometimes they can just get on each others nerves.

Lately my J'alee has been saying "See, this is why I want my own room".  I have tried to explain to her that it wont stop her brother from doing things that he does.  I tell her that it is up to mom and dad to intercede and she needs to come and talk to us calmly and patiently.  Most of the time that works.

Well we had a very full day yesterday and it was just before the "overtired meltdown".  Something happened and J'alee says "see this is why I want my own room so I can put up a sign that say No Boys Allowed" and then she cried for a few seconds and then said "except for mom and dad".  Im glad that I made the exception and more importantly with the sign that mommy was allowed haha!

No comments: