Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Decision Points: Excited to Read

There are many opinion of President Bush and they are again starting to come out now that he is on his book tour and the book was release for sale yesterday.  I immediately got up in the morning arriving at Borders early to get a copy. They actually opened the doors 6 minutes late but oh well.

I am excited to read this for many reasons but most notable is that it was a crazy time in history with lots of events that happened with a lot of controversy that swirled worse than Katrina perhaps.  It really turned the country upside down.  Thus my desire to read his thoughts and feelings on the subjects.

Second has to do with how I feel about the man.  I have a deep respect for the man.  He was the man for the job during the days of Sept 11th and after!  There was no doubt in my mind he was going to lead us and try to protect us.  How that unfolded has its debates which I wont debate here. But needless to say I was touch so deeply and impressed so much that I will always remember him!  Thus my second reason for reading the book.

Now many hate him and in my humble opinion lots of people havent got total facts, influenced by media swirling for ratings/profit as well as political hatred.  I will admit there may have been mistakes after all we are all imperfect.

So Im reading it and proud of it!  You all should too!

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

You know, I agree with you about Bush. He was awkward and made blunders, but he was the man we needed for the job. I really respect how he was honest and upfront, how he didn't ever pretend to be someone he wasn't. He was who he was and that was it. I remember researching he and Kerry during elections and noting that Kerry never answered a question and just seemed... greasy. While Bush said it how he thought it. Good stuff.