Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Practice with Lighting

I thought I would experiment with lighting today as my son was sleeping on the couch and the curtains pulled up. My daughter was in a chair next to him and right next to the window. My dog was laying on the floor as well. Everything was taken on manual so I could practice a steady hand. Just used my elbows on the carpet to steady me this time.
First is the pictures of my dog taken from underneath a coffee table with light coming in from the sliding glass door. Cropped to cut carpet and table out of the picture. Not the best of either one.

Here is my son asleep. Cropped out extra couch. This first one I added warmth to the photo to being the color of the skin on his face out. The rest were just sharpened and brightened and cropped as well.


My daughters pictures were least favorite. You can see on the left side of her face the light from the sliding glass door and another door bring in so much light it actually washed our the top left of the picture which I cropped but it still made one side of her face bright and the other dark. The lighting is nice however this isnt a good picture of her. I have to experiment more with this kind of set up.

No comments: