Saturday, April 5, 2008

General Conference - Saturday Sessions

Well it is GC time again. It kind of snuck up on me this year and i almost didnt remember it was conference time. It was also unusual because we normally turn the clocks the same weekend or just after but this time it didnt work out that way. Thanks to new legislations our time is all different.
Anyway it has been a good GC so far. I was able to stand and raise my hand in sustaining support. Granted it was from my comfy living room but i did it non-the-less. I have done this three times now but I am always amazed at how everyone support the new prophet. It was interesting to be old enough to remember and pay attention to the details of the order of who sustained the leaders working from GA's down through priesthood and then again to the general body of the church.
For Saturday a few of my favorite things were the talks on families, espcially the English chap who was great as was the accent! On Sat. Afternoon there was someone who said that the condition of our heart directly influences the spirit we feel. So if we have "garbage in, garbage out" into our heart then we might not feel the spirit. It is a good talk for introspection and to question ourselves, Is the condition of our heart such that we can feel the spirit and feel it more each day?

Feel free to share your thoughts from GC Saturday Sessions here, including Priesthood Session. I wasnt able to attend since I was suck at work, but for sure will read it. Please share your thoughts we learn best from each other. I will make a post tomorrow for the Sunday Sessions.

No comments: