Monday, March 14, 2011

Humor and Heart Stings

Life is full of great things and some sad things.  Great things can be family and funny things they say.  Sad things can be like the disaster in Japan.  Your heart goes out to them.  So I will cover both here.  First, humor...

J'alee:  "March, April, May, that is when the baby is coming I'm so excited I cant wait it is gonna be so cute."
Me: "oh yeah he will be"
J'alee:  "daddy are you ready for all the the crying."
Me: shook my head no
J'alee: "then I will take him into my room and shut the door so you dont hear or you can go into your room."

In a conversation about falling asleep in their own bed vs mom/dads bed this came about.
Me: "do you not like to sleep by dad because he snores?"
J'alee: "dad you snore the whole time you sleep that is why I dont sleep by you.  You sleep before me and then   and snore the whole time.  Then you get up way before me.  That is when I like to sleep"

This morning we were gathering money to send to school so they could fulfill another classes project to collect money to donate to the Red Cross for Japan.  I pulled out $4 which is all I had at the time and put it in an envelope and started to explain what I was doing telling her about the pictures.  I told her they were asking for $3.14 because that was todays date.  I showed her and the money was going to help the poor sick and now homeless or hurt etc. I asked her if she wanted to donate money out of her piggy bank.  She agree whole heartedly.  She dug in her bank and pulled out $1 and I said ok thank you sweetie that is good of you.  She said no I want to give more.  I said well you know we dont have a lot and you can choose to give if you want.  She said I know.  I said ok what do you want to give $3 dollars, daddy is giving $4.  She said no.  I said are you sure that is a lot of money from your piggy bank.  She said no I want to give $6 because that is how old I am.  I said well this much is good I am already giving $4 and your 3 makes $7 that is more than six. She said no I want to give $6.  She pulled the piggy bank from my hands and proceeded to dig out $3 more dollars.   At which point my son says yeah I dont want to give $1 either.  I want to give fhree.  My little boy wanted to give $3 because that is how old he is too.

The heart of my kids was bigger than I thought it would be.  They are such sweet kids, with big hearts.  I have no doubt that if I asked her to give her whole piggy bank she probably would have.  My son doesnt really know what is going on yet but he knows what his sister was doing and wanted to match it by his age too.

I love those two!

1 comment:

MommyBrec said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids are amazing. They are so sensitive and caring. That was a big sacrifice! Blake, you and your wife are such good examples to your children. They have learned from you guys how to be caring and to give freely. What an amazing family!!