Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yard Sale, Tag Sale, Garage or Rummage Sale


So it is that time of year for yard sales. In Connecticut they called it a tag sale. When K and I went out to CT there were signs all over for Tag Sales and she wondered what they were. Basically they are the same as yard sales and garage sales. They have some good stuff out there, sometimes you can find fabulous antique things.
Yesterday we had a yard sale to get rid of a lot of stuff we have around the house. With the moving coming in 2 weeks we have to get rid of a lot of stuff. With our house being on a semi busy road we had a lot of traffic and sold most everything the first day. Of course the big stuff like kids outside toys and things went first. We have made a little bit of money off the sale which is nice, but that just says we had a lot of junk.
We will be doing the yard sale again today (saturday) as well if anyone wants to stop by...another man's junk is another man's treasure.

2 comments:

B-Blogit said...

A special thanks to adamsfamilyties and nurseears for coming to help this weekend as well! Love you both and thanks!

Rachel Holloway said...

Out here we have to take out a permit to have a yard sale, which is really discouraging because I can't just throw all my stuff out on the lawn and ask for money. I have to go across town, pay $3, supply all my info, get my permit, come home, and then have some order to it...

way too much work to do alone with 3 kids.

Blah....what I would give for a quick yard sale right now. Craigslist no shows are killin' me!