Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Temple Sealings after Education Week

After Education Week, K and I went to the Provo temple. We got there and there was a sign out that said proxies for sealings needed today. So we looked at each other and just decided to go on the spot.
It was quite nice to go to. I looked at my wife over the alter and remembered everything just the same as on our wedding day. The only thing different was my wife and she was more beautiful that then day I married her! Kind of cheezy to say that but honestly that is what I was thinking. Through everything that has happened and the closer to her I have become she is more beautiful to me now in more ways than she was then.
It was great to remember things that were said and to review the blessings of the sealing as they were repeated several times over. It was also nice to hear those blessings offered to children that are sealed to parents as well. It was an unforgettable experience. I also thought how lucky I am to have my children sealed to me already and what a blessings that is to have that, even if you get it done by proxy after they die.
After the sealings were done we asked the temple worker if we could go to the celestrial room since K has never been there in this temple. He looked at us with the look that said "are you serious" and then said out loud to us "you want to leave the most sacred room in the temple for the lesser". Now i never thought about it that way but honestly it is true. You have to get to the celestrial room before you get to go to the sealing room and there is where the ties are bound all the way back to Adam and where the chains of our families are forged (Chains as Elder Haight used to talk about). We went anyway of course but I was left in the celestrial room pondering the significants of what he said to me and then felt sorry that I didnt ask to just stay a little longer in the sealing room to think and reflect instead of going to the lesser?
So it is with life. How often do we pass of feelings or thoughts given to us through prompting from the Holy Ghost or from God for something lesser? Music, Movies, books are things that can be lesser and that i go for more times than I do the temple. Let us all examine our own lives and strive to come a little higher as many apostles and seventies have said.

3 comments:

Maija-Liisa said...

How wonderful that you felt, recognized and expressed those feelings and impressions. In a temple wedding for my nephew, the sealer said something very similar to them as he wed them. I am thankful I continue to learn more how to act on vs. overlook those impressions.

Jackie said...

Blake you wrote so beautifully. I am so glad. It was so great to hear you tell me over the phone. I'm glad you went to Education Week and the Temple. You are such a glorious man child to me.

Jackie said...

PS What a wonderful hubby you are!